Baker Electric Solar Employees Are Some of the Happiest Around

3925

Baker Electric Solar seems to be doing things right. To make that statement more specific would not do the company justice. Since the year began, the company has won awards for best CFO, effective radio advertising, and excellent safety record, as well as being ranked one of San Diego’s fastest growing companies. That last one is backed up by Baker Electric Solar capturing position 91 in Solar Power World’s 2014 Top Solar Contractors list — impressive given that the company is a residential installer, and the list was ranked by megawatts installed in 2013.

Now to top it off, the company has been ranked as one of the ten best places to work in San Diego.

Baker Electric Solar ranked 10th in the medium-sized company category, consisting of businesses with 50 to 249 employees. The 8th Annual Best Places to Work program was created by the San Diego Business Journal and Best Companies Group. Baker Electric Solar team members attended the special awards ceremony on August 7, 2014 at the Paradise Point Resort & Spa. They came prepared to win a top position – all carrying orange “We’re #1” foam fingers.

The award is based on a two-part survey process. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience.

The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking. The rank decision was weighted with 25% being based on the benefits and fun things the employer does for its workforce, and the other 75% based on employee survey feedback.

Baker Electric Solar’s employee experience survey indicated that, on average, 93% of the employees were satisfied with Baker’s overall engagement, pay and benefits, training, development and resources, work environment, and role satisfaction. Ninety-seven percent were pleased with the company’s corporate culture, and 98% were happy with the San Diego solar installer’s leadership and planning. These are extremely high scores for any company, and we’re glad to see them in solar.

When asked “What does this organization do that makes it a place where people would want to work?” employees gave some of the following comments: treat employees like family; product and services to be proud of; concerned about safety and well-being; great communication; makes work rewarding; fun events and culture; incentive packages and high level of integrity.

The Best Places to Work awards program was designed to identify, recognize, and honor the best employers in San Diego. To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:

  • Be a for-profit, not-for-profit business, or government entity
  • Be a publicly or privately held business
  • Have a facility in San Diego
  • Have at least 15 employees in San Diego
  • Have been in business a minimum of 1 year

“Being in the top 10 of the Best Places to Work in the 50 to 249 employee category is exceptional and a distinct honor for our team of happy employees,” said Baker Electric Solar President Mike Teresso. “This award is all the more special because it consisted of two internal surveys evaluated by a third party company – the Best Companies Group. Our team of employees confidentially shared their employee experience, and it was by all indications award-winning!”