Current Openings for Fellowships
Solar Correspondent Fellowship — remote, flexible, part-time
If you want to make a small contribution, join another firm. If you want to change where the world gets its energy, join us!
PV Solar Report publishes a daily executive brief and relevant news content on PVSolarReport.com. PV Solar Report is on a mission to provide relevant, timely, and succinct information to busy solar professionals.
We are looking for ambitious, motivated, and talented people who can help us build the best solar coverage on the planet! We believe clean, renewable solar energy is not only the energy of the future — it’s the energy of NOW. We need people who are passionate about helping solar go mainstream. We’re looking for people around the country and particularly in these states: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Massachusetts, DC.
Each part-time fellow will be in charge of covering solar in an entire area or state. You will write about local issues, ranging from profiles of installers to stories on permitting, as well as bigger-picture issues for your area like net metering and solar policy. Your coverage will be distributed to local media outlets, as well as on our network of solar coverage. You will research, analyze, and publish news and content that helps move our industry forward. This is an ideal role for a student who wants to get into clean energy, media, or journalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, write, and edit engaging news & content for publication
- Develop and maintain relationships with different communities (solar, consumer savings, media, etc)
- Conduct press, social media, and PR outreach, as well as attend local solar events
- Keep up-to-date on aspects of solar in your area/state
- Excellent writing, editing, and time-management skills
- Familiarity with solar and solar issues helpful, but passion about solar energy is a must
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in web content management systems and social media platforms
- An unshakable positive attitude and ability to work within tight publication deadlines
Hours, Commitment & Compensation
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You can work part-time on your own time, working with set deadlines for article publication. Work can be done remotely from your state. Depending on area and topics, article deadlines will vary between one to three weeks.
Part-time fellowships are unpaid. We require a minimum three-month commitment, which could lead to a longer-term position. You will have the support of our Managing Editor.
What You Will Get out of This
- Experience in solar and renewable energy
- Access to people and companies in the industry
- Press pass to solar events
- Your work published for thousands to see on a regular basis
- An opportunity to build a great portfolio and name among other media outlets
- Exposure to thousands of solar professionals
- A glowing recommendation letter if you crush it
- A possible opportunity to work full-time in the future
Email your resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line, like this: ”Jane Sample for Solar Correspondent Fellowship.”